3 Easy Steps

  1. 1. Make your Selection
  2. 2. Compare Plans
  3. 3. Apply
  Zip Code Age Gender Smoker  

APPLICANT 

 
 

SPOUSE

remove
 

CHILD

remove
Please fill out all fields correctly
Please wait, you are being redirected to a regional web site...
date

Hawaii Health Connector

 

For Hawaiians looking for Hawaii health insurance that meets the rigorous new standards of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), you’ve come to the right place. Below our team of experts at ForHealthInsurance.com have assembled a guide for you detailing the in’s and out’s of the new Hawaii health insurance system under the Affordable Care Act. Read on to learn more.

Welcome to the Hawaii Health Connector

As per ACA regulations, the state of Hawaii is operating its own online state health insurance marketplace where residents can shop for subsidized Hawaii health insurance that meets the standards of the legislation. Other states have chosen to allow the federal government to establish and run their states’ marketplace. Hawaii’s health insurance marketplace is officially titled the “Hawaii Health Connector”.

What kind of health insurance plan do I need?

This is an essential question, and a basic component of getting yourself ready to shop for Hawaii health insurance no matter where you’re buying it from.

Being prepared is essential to avoiding future headaches, that could end up hurting your wallet more than your actual head. Take stock of your current health and financial situation, and be honest. Am I going to need coverage for any sort of special treatment now or in the foreseeable future? Are other people going to be on this health plan? Do any of them have special medical needs? What am I willing to spend on health insurance each month?

Picking a Hawaii health insurance policy at the Hawaii Health Connector

Once you have an idea about your Hawaii health insurance needs you’re ready to start looking at policies. On the Hawaii Health Connector policies are sold at four different levels Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. The primary difference between them is the cost and amount of coverage you receive for your dollar. With a Bronze policy for example your monthly premiums will cover about 60 percent of your total health costs. The other 40 percent comes from a combination of deductibles, copays, and other out-of-pocket expenses. As the amount of monthly premiums increases at each level, the out of pocket expenses go down.

Federal Assistance at the Hawaii Health Connector

You might have heard already, but those purchasing health insurance plans at the Hawaii Health Connector are also eligible to receive federal subsidies to help offset the cost of Hawaii health insurance plans at the Hawaii Health Connector.

If your annual income falls between 133 and 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Line (FPL) then you won’t pay more than 9.5 percent of it each year for Hawaii health insurance. To make up that gap between your maximum allowable contribution for health insurance and the actual cost of the second lowest Silver level plan in your area is a federal health insurance subsidy.

What’s unique about this tax credit is that it’s paid up front each month directly to your insurer from the government. That way you don’t have to worry about paying your share upfront and then being reimbursed during tax season.

How do I buy a Hawaii Health Connector plan?

To buy Hawaii health insurance at the Hawaii Health Connector give us a call here to speak with one of our health insurance experts or enter your zip code above to see what plans are available in your area.